Head of Partnerships
This person will partner with the CEO across all aspects of the business, but their main focus will be forming partnerships within the marketing, loyalty and CSR functions at brands to power the “partner” side of the platform.
In order to be successful, this person will:
- Work hand-in-hand with the CEO to be a thought partner, fellow hustler, and relentless cheerleader for the mission of the business.
- Build a partnership strategy to attract organizations from various sectors to the platform with a compelling value proposition.
- Enthusiastically believe in the value of a Rang partnership and be able to clearly articulate it to partners
- Create the pricing structure and deal mechanics to close deals that are beneficial to Rang and our partners.
- Build, manage and improve partnerships over time while ensuring successful delivery of the platform’s promises.
- Have intricate knowledge of our partners’ habits and needs and be aware of potential upcoming issues before they arise.
Competencies and Qualifications
We believe the right person for the Head of Partnerships role will have the following competencies and qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of brand marketing, customer loyalty and rewards programs
- Strong entrepreneurial drive. Understands what it takes to build a business and is wholeheartedly committed to our mission of helping teachers and students while building a sustainable business to support the cause.
- Deep understanding of target customers (e.g., corporate brand marketers, loyalty and rewards, CSR teams, gift card distributors, etc.) and their pain points in reaching teenagers.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and ability to work within the organizational dynamics of a fast-growth company.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positivity, and ability to motivate and inspire others.
- 6+ years of work experience in relevant industries: brand marketing, customer loyalty, or corporate social responsibility
About The Lefkofsky Family Foundation and Lightbank
Rang is a pre-seed company being incubated out of the Lefkofsky Family Foundation and Lightbank offices. The Lefkofsky Family Foundation is a private charitable foundation with the purpose to advance high-impact initiatives that enhance the quality of human life. Lightbank is a tier one, early-stage venture capital firm. Lightbank is focused on investing in and building disruptive technology companies. Through this alliance, Rang benefits from the esteemed legacy of successful venture nurturing, unparalleled industry insights and robust network connections. Lightbank has been a part of numerous success stories from the founding stage, including Groupon, Tempus, Echo Global Logistics, InnerWorkings, and Mediaocean. Our team works out of the shared office space between the Lefkofsky Family Foundation and Lightbank, joining a community of like-minded investors and startups.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position is on-site in the office M-Th in Chicago (remote on Fridays). To apply, please email resume and brief description of why you are interested to email@example.com.